For the REGIOSTARS Awards 2019 - The Awards for Innovative Projects
The objective of the REGIOSTARS Awards 2019, online submission platform, is to receive applications for the REGIOSTARS yearly competition and identify good practices in regional development and highlight innovative, EU-funded projects which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions and project managers.
Personal data related to REGIOSTARS Awards 2019 is processed under the responsibility of the European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy acting as Data Controller and in accordance with data protection rules as established by Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND THROUGH WHICH TECHNICAL MEANS?
2.1. Identification Data
Personal data collected and further processed are data necessary for the management of award submissions, such as:
- name, user name, e-mail address of the person creating the account and award submission;
- contact details of the organisation implementing the project (project promoter) and of the managing authority, such as: organisation name, postal address, website/social media accounts and contact details of their representatives, such as: name/surname/title/function/ e-mail addresses/phone number;
- detailed description of the applicant projects including project title, award category, project location, funding information and high resolution images
The processing operations on personal data linked to the management of this competition are necessary under Article 5(a) and (d) and recital 22 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
2.2. Technical information
ICF Next uses Drupal to host the competition award submission.
At login Drupal will place a technical session cookie on the user machine.
This technical cookie is mandatory for the proper functioning of Drupal and will be automatically deleted at the end of the session – i.e., when the browser page is closed.
3. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND TO WHOM IS IT DISCLOSED?
Access to all personal data and information collected in the context of this competition is only granted through userID/password to a defined population of users, without prejudice to a possible transmission to the bodies in charge of a monitoring or inspection task in accordance with Community legislation. These users are typically members of the Unit organising the competition inside the Directorate-General Regional and Urban Policy, and its contractor by Mostra S.A. (herein referred to as ICF Next) acting as Data Processor. No personal data is transmitted to parties which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned.
The European Commission will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
4. HOW DO WE PROTECT AND SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
The collected personal data and all information related to the above-mentioned competition is stored by ICF Next, which has to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the collected information. Received contributions also will be recorded in a secured and protected database hosted by the Data Centre of the European Commission, the operations of which abide by the European Commission’s security decision of 16 August 2006 [C(2006) 3602] concerning the security of information systems used by the European Commission The information inserted in the database is not accessible from people outside of the European Commission and ICF Next. Inside of the European Commission and ICF Next, the database can be accessed using a userID/password
5. HOW CAN YOU VERIFY, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION?
By using the below Contact Information, you may exercise your:
- Right to extensive information
- Right to access data
- Right of rectification or correction.
- Right to erasure/be forgotten.
- Right to withdraw / opt out
- Right to object
- Right to restriction
- Right to data portability
- Rights in relation to automated decision making
- Right to make a complaint
- Right to breach notification
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your personal data will remain in the European Commission database until the results of the Regiostars Awards 2019 have been completely analysed and usefully exploited. Personal data will be deleted, at the latest, one (1) year after the last action in relation to this edition of the REGIOSTARS Awards in the framework of which the competition was conducted.
The collected personal data and all information related to the competition will be erased by the Contractor at the latest six months after the end of the contract.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
In case you wish to verify which personal data is stored, have it modified, corrected, or deleted, or if you have questions regarding the information processed in the context of the consultation, or on your rights, feel free to contact the support team of the processor at:
ICF Next + 32 (0)2 275 01 00
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal data is being processed, please contact: the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the Commission: DATA-PROTECTION-OFFICER@ec.europa.eu
If you remain unsatisfied, you may wish to contact the European Data Protection Supervisor